Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hello World!


Welcome to the NC Green Bee blog! I will mostly talk about my beekeeping adventures here, sometimes link to sites or stories that are useful, or give you great tips about how to use homeopathic honey treatments, or really, homeopathic treatments from the hive.

Today was my first venture into Bee Venom Therapy (or Apitherapy), I stung myself in my left knee. A little over 5 years ago I tore my ACL, MCL, meniscus, and fractured my tibia plateau. Since then my knee has been very sensitive to the touch where I tore my MCL. It has been about 2 hours and so far I am having a normal reaction to the bee venom with local swelling and a little iching. Two things I hope to accomplish are 1.) to lessen my bodies reaction to bee venom and 2.) to lessen the pain in my knee!

NC Green Bee will be selling local honey (local to the Charlotte metro area) made by bees that are treated to the best way possible. I am not treating my bees with any chemicals or treatments of any kind. I am only feeding them sugar water when I have a new hive and only for as long as those bees need it. I will leave enough honey on the hives so that the bees can use the best thing for them for food, their own honey!

Well I am off to play a game with my neighbors now. Will let you know tomorrow what is up with my knee (I am predicting a bit of swelling into Wednesday).

No comments:

Post a Comment